Sunday, May 7, 2017

I Went to the 47th Annual General Meeting of Dagang NeXchange Berhad

I went to Dagang NeXchange Berhad's 47th Annual General Meeting at the Nexus, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South City, Kuala Lumpur on 2 May.  
 
 
 
 
The meeting was scheduled to start at 10:00am.  

I had wanted to take either Uber or Grab to go there.   I tried both Uber and Grab but there were no drivers.   Even when they upped the fare by more than 50% of the normal rate due to the high demand, there were still no takers.   So, I went out to take a public taxi.   At the taxi stand, there were a few empty cabs waiting for customers.

Due to the unavailability of Uber and Grab drivers, I was late for the meeting.   I reached the Nexus only at about 10:20am.   The taxi fare was about 50% higher than the normal Uber fare for the same journey.  
 
I took the lift to Level 3 and proceeded to the meeting room for registration.

Upon registration, I was given 3 vouchers: 1 for door gift, another for breakfast and the last for lunch.

I claimed the door gift at a counter just opposite the registration counter.   I was given a carrier and inside it were a box of Tuzra fruit cake and a packet of Sherif teabags.   I exchanged my lunch voucher next for an envelope that contained 3 $10 KFC vouchers.   These are shown in the image below (the apple was part of the breakfast meal) :
 
 
 
 
I then went outside to the foyer.   Breakfast food was available there.   I had originally intended to sit in on the meeting, but I reckoned that I would have to miss the breakfast for that.   I decided to go for the breakfast instead.
 
To my surprise, they provided a lot of food for breakfast.   I had 2 plates full, as shown in the image below (including the apple shown in the image above):

 
 
 
I like the cookies and the fruit tart most.
 
This company is quite generous to shareholders at their AGM; providing breakfast, lunch vouchers and a door gift.   Most companies do not feed their shareholders so much.
 
While I was having my breakfast, a lady offered to exchange cash for my KFC vouchers ($23 for 3 x $10 vouchers).   I politely declined.
 
After breakfast, I decided to leave and left in a Grabcar.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment